The Seattle Symphony employs a talented and dedicated administrative staff.
We only accept applications for open positions as listed below.
Position Overview: The intern will work with the Education department to gain real-world experience supporting one of the Symphony’s signature programs, Community Connections, which builds bridges between the Symphony and diverse communities across the Puget Sound Region through access to concert tickets, music making, and co-created community performances. The intern will also gain an introductory understanding of symphony orchestra administration and the role of education and community programs within the organization. This is an unpaid position.
Reports to: Community Partnerships Manager
- Communicating with partner organizations – selecting and offering comp tickets, following up for feedback, and answering general questions
- Track concert attendance in Tessitura
- Work with Ticket Office to secure concert tickets and mail tickets to community partners as needed
- Assist the Community Partnerships Manager with special projects such as Native Lands Project, prison visits, and pre-concert events
- Assist with community concerts as needed
- Attend community site visits as available and help research potential community partners
- Students or recent graduates with major(s) in music, music education, social work, music therapy, education, arts administration, or related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Flexibility to work empathetically with a wide variety of people from different social backgrounds
- Knowledge of music and experience in cultural partnerships preferred
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org with resume, learning objectives and availability by August 8, 2014
Position: Unpaid Internship September-December, 10-15 hours/week
Position Overview: This part-time position supports the various aspects of the Seattle Symphony Sales Campaign. This position reports to the Senior Sales Manager.
The Seattle Symphony is an environmentally sensitive employer and strives to keep carbon emissions to the lowest possible levels. Applicants are encouraged to submit applications electronically, rather than by surface mail.
A satisfactory outcome from criminal background verification is required prior to hire.
Reports to: Senior Sales Manager
- Sell subscription, special event and holiday concert tickets to a variety of previous and prospective Seattle Symphony patrons in a helpful, friendly and accurate manner.
- Responsible for learning and using the procedures outlined in training/ orientation concerning lead management, deadlines and customer services. Participate in all training sessions.
- Meet both individual and team subscription goals. This person must sell an average of $40 per hour in sales per week to maintain employment.
- Proactively provide current subscription, special event and holiday concert information to patrons.
- Support the customer service policies of the Seattle Symphony by solving patron problems and special needs in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Update information on patron accounts.
- Support ticket sales operations through use of ticketing and phone systems.
- Other duties as assigned by the Sales Manager.
- This position requires strong communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to follow directions, and willingness to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to complete all sales calls in the manner and time indicated by the Sales Manager.
- Willing to work flexible hours, 16 to 32 hours per week.
- Previous sales and customer service experience a plus.
- Shift hours are 9am to 1pm, 1pm to 5pm and 5pm to 9pm, Monday thru Thursday and must be available to work alternate Saturday morning shifts.
- Previous experience in fundraising preferred.
Apply to: email@example.com or fax to (206) 215-4701
Position: Part - Time
Position Overview: This is a part-time 21 to 28 hours a week position that supports the various aspects of Seattle Symphony and Benaroya Hall ticketing processing and procedures.
Reports to: Ticket Office Sales Manager
- Process subscription and single ticket purchases and exchanges in person, by phone, mail, internet and fax in a helpful, friendly, accurate and timely manner
- Be aware of and provide current information to all patrons in a proactive manner for all Benaroya Hall events which include Seattle Symphony performances, Live @ Benaroya Hall concerts, National Geographic Live lectures and various rental shows
- Support Benaroya Hall / Seattle Symphony customer service policies by solving patron problems and special needs in a courteous and diplomatic manner
- Staff day of show concert box offices as needed including ticket sales, will-call, providing ticket replacements and receipt of donated tickets
- Responsible for accurate sales reconciliation
- Participate in all training sessions in a positive, willing and thoughtful manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to prioritize, and the desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to complete all tasks on schedule, thoroughly and accurately
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Computer experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Tessitura and TicketMaster desired
- Willing to work flexible hours
- Previous ticket office experience a plus
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Seattle Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer.